Sometimes the gift wrapping is better than the actual gift. . . sometimes. In this case I would say it is equally as good. A few week ago I hosted a natural beauty workshop where I showed the participants how to make body butter bars. This recipe is so simple and versatile that I thought I would share it with you and show you how to make it into great holiday gifts!
Body Butter Bars:
50 g beeswax
50 g cocoa butter
50 ml olive oil (can be substituted for any oil)
2-3 drops of vitamin E oil (optional)
10-15 drops of essential oils (I love lavender and vanilla)
1. In a double boiler melt beeswax and cocoa butter. Add olive oil and heat on low until mixture is liquid.
2. Take off of heat, add essential oils and whisk in vitamin E oil (optional)
3. Pour in ice cube trays or (molds of choice) and let harden for 30-60 minutes.
For wrapping you will need:
– toilet paper rolls
– shiny wrapping paper
– tissue paper
1. Cut, and glue wrapping paper around the toilet paper roll, cropping paper so that it is flush with the ends.
2. Next, cut tissue paper so that it is about double the length of the toilet paper roll. Roll paper lengthwise and insert into the toilet paper roll. You may wish to dab a little glue on the inside of the roll so that the tissue paper says in place.
3. Insert the body butter bars or other gifts into the roll. Fasten each end with ribbon, and voila! Gift wrap complete!
Tips: use a mini muffin tin as a mold to make round candy- shaped body butter disks. You can use the same body butter recipe to make lip balm sticks. Just use peppermint essential oil (instead of other fragrances) and pour into empty lip balm tubes.
Happy Holiday crafting! What DIY gifts are you making this year?